Monday 25 May 2009

'Quite Possibly The Best Two Days of Photography and Learning Ever'

Well I'm not quite sure about that guys! But you get the picture, it does sound VERY interesting!

The Flash Centre are having a two day course of Photo Festivities at Studely Castle near Birmingham
(UK!)

An interesting line up of experts including Bjorn Thomassen whom has taught me SO much.Big name in wedding photography Mike Larson....all this and surfing too. Peter Geller owner of California Sunbounce, winner of the World Press Photo, a man with a burning passion for photography (great bloke too!). Hopefully Jim Marks and Richard Jobson, movie director too.

Others too just check out the Flash Centre link

I would be going to this show even if I had not been invited.(I'm set to be there on the 3rd and for a little time on the morning of the 4th)

As it represents significantly GREAT value in these challenging times

One of the best things about events like this is to just hang out with other photographers at the bar, sharing ideas and techniques

Check it out

9 comments:

Shropshire said...

Have a good time Drew but for me? At that price, just to get in? Not likely.

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle,

Thank you for posting

You have some nice work on your site

For the record as well as the teaching/lectures it includes meals and accommodation too.
For the record I have no commercial interest in this (ie I'm not being paid) just as a guest speaker

Cheers

Drew

Manda said...

Hey Drew, It was lovely to meet you at NEC back in Feb. You know Giles Babbidge (if you reading this hi :) )

I was with him.
I have been looking at your work and I am a great passion in creating fashion into locations, even in weddings. Great inspiring watching your work. keep it up.
my site is http://www.aegphotos.co.uk

I'll speak to you soon.
Manda

Unknown said...

Dear Amanda

Yes, I do remember you from Focus

Good to hear from you!

Just checked your site out, you have some cool stuff on there.

You can always tell when people 'work it' to make the shot happen, and you certainly do that

Well done

Chat soon

Drew

Martin Saint said...

Wish i'd know about this sooner, would love to have attended, mainly just to have a chat about vision with your goodself. Hope they hold another.
Mart.

Unknown said...

Hi Martin

My bad, i left posting rather late.

Fear not though I'm hoping to put a 'spectacular' together later on in the year with other guests from the photography world.

I'm trying to work it out now....

Cheers

drew

Martin Saint said...

Hi Drew,
thats great news, will keep my eyes peeled for that one.
Cheers,
Mart.

Comité de soutien said...

Hi, do you know any good schools/courses in continental Europe? Also, are there any outlets in continental Europe that stock your DVD as the Flash Centre does not accept credit cards from abroad?

I would love to buy your DVD and go to some courses but I'm stuck in Belgium!!

Many thanks, Dominic.

Unknown said...

Hey Brussels Blitzer

Eyes on media in Holland have stock

Cheers

Drew