Thursday 12 April 2012

Phase One IQ Far East tour-Kuala Lumpur

A super early run to the airport on mercifully deserted roads.

On the two-ish hour flight to Kuala Lumpur I thought I would have a crack at GoPro time lapse out of the window just for fun and it was really quite effective. I'm not quite sure how I pulled it off unhindered by cabin crew but they did not seem bothered.


GoPro=free timelapse fun.

The seminar was in a studio which was reminiscent of my old Docklands studio which I still miss, only quite a bit fancier.

It had a lovely open balcony which let me try out a 35 ISO, F2.8 flash shot, synchronised at 1/1600 sec, a combination which one cannot shoot with anything else but a Phase One IQ.







Here are some of the delegates I roped into assisting with the demo, putting lights over the edge of the balcony, with the key light over head.


During the live shoot demo I did a tighter shot and discovered that not only is the Phase One IQ180 capable of recording every bit of detail that the human eye can see but quite a bit that is not normally visible.

Like the printed pattern on contact lenses.




Truly remarkable.


Next top Singapore.......

2 comments:

MW said...

Hi Drew,

which flash did you use? I'm curious if you took the Elinchrom skyports to trigger the flash and if they can sync up to 1/1600th of a second.

Thanks a lot.
Morris

Julie said...

Travel is the best way we have of rescuing the humanity of places, and saving them from abstraction and ideology. Cheap flights to Kuala Lumpur